- Handbook Table of Contents
- Cell Phone / Electronic Device Policy
- Dress Code
- Pick-up and Drop-off Procedures
- Playground Expectations
In this handbook:
- Mission Statement
- Telephone Numbers
- Arrival Time
- Dismissal Time
- Abbreviated Day Schedule
- Attendance/Tardy Problems
- Birthday Policy
- Bilingual Program
- Counseling Services
- Educational Neglect Process
- Emergency Procedures
- Field Trips
Internet Acceptable Use Policy
- Internet - Terms and Conditions
- APS Bullying Policy
- Leaving School Early
- Lost and Found
- Non-APS Agencies
- Physical Education
- Pick-up and Drop-off
- School Boundary Lines
- School Dress
- Sickness and Accidents
Standards of Conduct and the APS Policy
- Los Ranchos Roadrunner Rules
- Telephone Usage and Messages
- Textbooks and Library Books
- Academic Improvement Plans/SAT
- Toys and Valuables
- Student Placement Policy
- Change of Classroom Policy
- Redistribution Policy
- ADA and Section 504
- School Calendar
Attendance Line: 505-898-0794 Ext. 56396
Daily attendance is mandatory for students to benefit to the fullest from the instructional program. The district recognizes that there are situations that dictate a student’s absence. Therefore, in accordance with district guidelines, absences may be excused for the following reasons:
- Doctor appointment
- Death in the family
- Family emergency
- Religious commitment
- Diagnostic testing
- Extenuating circumstances, as agreed to by the administration prior to the absence.
Toys and electronic games/devices and other valuables are not allowed at school. They could become lost or stolen. The school is not responsible for lost or stolen items. If it is a necessity that a CELL PHONE is carried, it MUST BE CHECKED IN WITH THE CHILDS TEACHER BEFORE SCHOOL AND PICKED UP AT THE END OF EACH DAY . Use of cell phones or electronics will result in their confiscation per APS policy and return to parents only.
The Board of Education expects students dress and grooming to reflect high standards of personal conduct so that each student’s attire promotes a positive, safe, and healthy atmosphere within the school. Student dress may not present a health or safety hazard, violate municipal or state law, or present a potential for disruption to the instructional program. Attire or accessories that advertise, display, or promote any drug, including alcohol or tobacco, sexual activity, violence, disrespect, and/or bigotry towards any group are not acceptable.
Unacceptable clothing and accessories include, but are not limited to, gang related attire, excessively tight or revealing clothes, spaghetti strap blouses, short shorts, bare midriff, low-cut and/or off the shoulder blouses, spiked jewelry, chains, and belts with more than 2 inches excess. “Sagging,” or the wearing of pants below the waist and/or in a manner that allows underwear or bare skin to show and “bagging” or the wearing of excessively baggy pants with low hanging crotches are prohibited. Temporary or permanent tattoos are prohibited.
As a matter of common courtesy and respect, hats/caps are not to be worn while inside buildings except when there are specific instructional, safety, religious, or medical reasons.
There is not a policy on make-up, hairstyles, or fake nails. Please be aware that altering one’s appearance can create disciplinary issues. Parents will be involved in conferences if behavior or accidents result because of hair, make-up, or fake nails.
In addition you can review the APS Student Dress policy .
Students are to be picked up and dropped off ONLY in the designated area on the north side of the playground. This is the safest area for this activity and there is adult supervision. Please enter through the West end and exit through the East end. There is NO PARKING along the shoulders on Los Ranchos Road. Park only in the east lot across the road from the staff parking lot. If you use a different area to drop off or pick up your student, you are endangering pedestrians.
All students need to see all adults following school rules. Please choose to follow the rules of our campus, your student will observe your actions and he/she is more likely to follow your example.
Being kind means everyone is having fun!
General Rules for Recess:
- Tag can be played on equipment. No running on equipment. No rough playing with tag.
- Keep hand to self. NO pushing other students. NO kicking other students. NO tackling other students.
- NO throwing dirt. NO throwing rocks.
- Absolutely NO gun play. (finger guns, light sabers, etc.)
- NO name calling. NO gossip.
- NO toys at recess. NO food is allowed at recess.
- Report any problems to the Duty Teacher.
- If any recess rules are not followed, students will sit on a proactive spot.
- If problem continues, students will then be given a Roadrunner Referral Slip, stating which Habit was broken.
- BE PROACTIVE. BE SAFE. HAVE FUN.
- Slide down with feet forward and on your bottom
- Don't jump off slide
- No running up the slide
- Seated on your bottom
- Swing forward, back and forth
- One person per swing
- No jumping off swings
- One person inside the spinner at a time
- No hanging off spinner
- No running on playground
- No jumping off playground
- No sitting on top of playground equipment
- No throwing wood chips
- No kicking wood chips
- No climbing on soccer goals
- No hanging on soccer nets
- No rough playing
- Ball stays on ground