Los Ranchos Behavior Expectations
The purpose of the Los Ranchos Behavior Expectations is to ensure the safety of the staff and students at our school. We want to provide a clear understanding of what is expected from our students here at Los Ranchos. We also want to provide consistent expectations and consequences for all areas of our school.
- Make good decisions.
- Solve problems.
- Show respect.
Referral to Office
- Physical aggression
- Threats of physical aggression
- Verbal aggression
- Sexual harassment
- Racial slurs
- Bullying (including cyber bullying, on or off campus)
- Weapons possession (knives, guns, sharp objects, look-alikes)
- Drug and alcohol possession (including look-alikes)
- Spitting on others
- Disrespect to teachers and staff
Student will be sent immediately to the office with referral slip, for further action determined by principal. A phone call home will be made.
Warning Slip from Teacher or Staff Member
- Playing between portables
- Playing in bathrooms
- Throwing inappropriate objects
- Climbing fences
- Running in hallways/cafeteria
- Not following recess rules (refer to Recess Policies)
- Not following classroom rules (refer to classroom teacher)
Students will lose entire recess (morning or lunch) and be asked to sit on a proactive spot. If the behavior continues (3 slips) student will then receive a referral slip, and a phone call home will be made.
REMEMBER TO ALWAYS DEMONSTRATE THE 7 HABITS!